Your local NHS is getting ready to deliver a COVID-19 vaccination programme and we need your help. We are looking for volunteers across Suffolk and North East Essex to be at the forefront of the local fight against the virus – you could be part of it!
As we gear up to be ready in a few weeks, we are seeking Volunteer marshalls. This is an exciting opportunity to join us and play your part in protecting the community and saving lives.
The vaccination stations will be open from 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. There will be four hour shifts available over a twelve hour period seven days a week.
To oversee to the patient flow management across the site:
- Ensure smooth arrival onsite of those both coming for vaccination; staff required for operation of the site and logistics providers (both for site setup and ongoing use of vaccines and consumables).
- Ensure efficient patient flow to the clinical assessment, vaccination station, post-vaccination observation area and pod exit.
- Ensure speed, safety and security; address any issues that arise or escalate to a Healthcare Professional if needed.
- Effectively communicate with the other areas’ representatives to avoid congestion.
- Ensure that citizens respect national guidelines such as social distancing and mask protection.
- Identify citizens who require additional support (carer/chaperone, additional language support) and direct them to an alternative flow.
- Provide enhanced support to those requiring it (e.g. those who cannot queue standing).
- Assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Report immediately to a Supervisor of anything that is likely to pose a threat or danger to the citizen and site safety.
Volunteers need to have good:
- Communication skills
- Collaboration skills
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Be able to deliver at a reasonable pace.
You will also need to have the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner
For information about becoming a volunteer steward at these vaccination centres, please email epunft.businesssupport.
We are also seeking more great people for the following temporary paid roles:
- Registered clinical managers (band 8a)
- Registered healthcare professionals (bands 5 and 6)
- Immunisers (band 4)
- Healthcare assistants (band 3)
- Bank admin support (band 3)
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us and play your part in protecting the community and saving lives.
To apply for an immuniser role, you must have previous experience of working in a healthcare setting.
Local vaccination centres will be open from 8am-8pm seven days a week. We looking for people to start as soon as possible on our staff bank to complete any training required to enable more vaccination centres to be ready from mid-January 2021.
There are opportunities to work flexible hours, with a minimum commitment of four-hour shifts. At this stage, we are looking for people to work until March 2021.
If you are interested in any of the above paid roles, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated on 11 February 2021
Routes for accessing volunteers
|Volunteer Platform/Service Name||Website||Geographical area||Additional information|
|Volunteer Essex||https://www.volunteeressex.org/||Essex||An online platform to recruit volunteers for local opportunities. Register online to advertise roles. The Colchester district centre is overseen by Community 360|
|Volunteer Suffolk||https://volunteersuffolk.org.uk/||Suffolk||An online platform to recruit volunteers for local opportunities. Register online to advertise your volunteering opportunities. Easy to use and recommended by Community Action Suffolk|
|The Essex Time Bank Network||https://tol2.timebanking.org/essex||Essexemail@example.comPeople give their time and in return earn time credits that can be used to receive help from others. Chaired by Community 360, for more information contact|
|Essex Welfare Service||https://essexwelfareservice.org/||Essexfirstname.lastname@example.orgAn online portal to help vulnerable communities during the pandemic. Ability to promote volunteering opportunities through their online networks. For more information contact|
|Home, But Not Alone - Tribe Volunteer App||n/a||Suffolk||Launched in response to Covid-19 – a service to help connect people who want to volunteer in their community.|