Across Suffolk and North East Essex, you will be invited to attend an appointment at your GP surgery, a Vaccination Centre, a pharmacy or in some cases, a Hospital Hub. The appointment maybe during a weekday or at a weekend.
You can expect each vaccination appointment to take around 30 minutes.
Toilets and disabled facilities are available on site.
Get an idea of what to expect from your vaccination appointment. Our videos include virtual tours that show typical vaccination sites in operation within Suffolk and north east Essex. Plus tips on how to receive a quick and safe vaccination.
The video playlist contains:
- A walk through of a typical vaccination centre with staff from Hadleigh Boxford Group Practice
- Top tips on how to help us vaccinate you quickly and safely
- A walk through of St Helena Vaccination Centre with Chief Operating Officer Pam Green
If you have coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 28 days prior to your appointment or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms include a new persistent cough, fever or high temperature, loss of taste and/or loss of smell.
- If possible, bring your invitation letter or other documentation that includes your NHS number in order to update your record.
- Please click here if you need to find out what your NHS number is. However this would not prevent you from receiving your vaccine when attending an appointment.
- Please note, some GP practices may not send a letter.
- Attend your appointment alone unless you require a carer for medical reasons.
- Tell staff if you have extra support needs or cultural requirements during your appointment.
- Wear a face covering when attending your appointment.
- Wear loose clothing as the vaccination is given in your upper arm.
- Bring a drink with you if you wish, as no refreshments will be provided.
- Attend your appointment if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Bring any children, other family members or friends into the venue as they will not be offered the vaccine or be able to wait in the centre. Please note, this does not apply to carers of people who need extra help.
- Arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment, to avoid queues building.
Last Updated on 15 April 2021